Baby Shower Games
If you’re hosting a baby shower, you want to have creative baby shower games that work for both the younger and older crowd. One simple game that will get everyone involved is a Match Game. First, create a list of pregnancy-related terms. To make this baby shower game even more enjoyable, come up with prizes that go along with the terms.
Pregnancy and baby-related terms
Here are some examples you can use, with prizes.
1. Conception – Skor
2. Father – Big Hunk
3. Umbilical Cord – Rope Licorice
4. OBGYN – Mr. Goodbar
5. Poopy Diaper – Raisinets
6. Midnight Feeding – Milky Way
7. Bottle – candy bottle
8. Pacifier – Ring Pop
9. Baby talk – Snickers
10. Pregnancy Forgetfulness – Whatchamacallit
11. Hemorrhoids – Hot Tamales
12. Anesthesiologist – Lifesavers
13. Baby Names – Baby Ruth
14. Doctor Bill – 100 Grand Bar
15. Twins – M&Ms
There is plenty of other pregnancy and baby-related terms you could use. Be creative with your prizes. Get a big piece of cardboard that you can have someone hold or lean against a wall or couch. Use 3×5 cards or thick paper to put the terms on. In big, readable letters write or type the terms on cards.
Remember to make two of each word or phrase. If you use 16 terms, that’s 32 cards. On the back of each card, put a number. Make sure it’s large enough for everyone to read. Tape the cards in numerical order onto the board. If you have 32 cards, you can do a grid of eight across, four down.
When you’re ready to play, make sure you have your list handy so you know what prize goes with each match. Go around the room and have a person pick two numbers. Show each card and read the terms aloud. If it’s a match, take the cards off the board and give the person their prize. Keep going around the room until all the matches are found.
Other Baby Shower Games and Ideas
Here are a few other baby shower games that work well for your baby shower:
– Guess how big the mother-to-be is. After everyone writes down a guess, use a measuring tape to measure her at belly-button level. – Give everyone a paper with the mother’s full name across the top. See who can create the most names using only those letters. – Put everyone in groups of two or three and see who can come up with the most Nursery Rhymes.
It’s always a good idea to have a few items as booby prizes, so when all the baby shower games are done none of your guests go home empty-handed. You can find fun, inexpensive items in a dollar store.
Always make sure everyone is involved and your baby shower games are not too complicated. The whole point is to have fun and congratulate the mother-to-be. Don’t let your shower run too long; remember, the honored guest is pregnant and will tire quickly. I hope your shower is a success.